(Tonawanda) Motion Center reached out to some taxi drivers tonight to get an inside look at how taxi drivers manage during peak holidays and here are some tips that can help party goers with their transportation to and or from tomorrow night's parties.
* Call Ahead and book a time for pickup and drop off - Plan Ahead
* You do not have to call for a car through the main number. Almost all cab drivers will have their own business cards and have the opportunity to book their own appointments.
* Be ready for your driver when he or she arrives. If this means be at the curb waiting or in the lobby. Do not force the cabbie to look for you, or honk their horn. It is disrespectful to the driver's time and pisses off the neighbors
* Develop a good business relationship with your driver. This will come in handy if you need fast and reliable service.
* If you need to make a stop during your taxi service, volunteer to give your driver's license to the driver as collateral when you leave the cab for your first stop and do not ask for it back until you pay your fare. This will ensure your driver is at ease and will not worry about getting paid.
* Always remember a cab driver can refuse service. You are a guest in the operator's car. Show respect